Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rahul Ji is an inspiration for first-time voters

Never before have I seen such enthusiasm among the youth to vote and express themselves. Those who claim that the young generation is the least interested in politics need to do a rethink as the response that I am getting from them in my election meetings is tremendous.

This brings me to another aspect of the youth’s apparent leaning towards the Congress. In my view Rahul Gandhi is a youth icon and a leader who is looked upon by the young generation, especially the first-time voters, as an inspiration.

In him they see a young person who has the vision to serve the country. In fact, it was his father, Late Rajiv Gandhiji, who lowered the voting age to 18 years and gave the youth a say in shaping up the nation’s future.

It goes without saying that my party cares for the young. It not only promotes their cause but also makes policies that are based on the aspirations of the young generations. I, too, am keen to serve the young. Be it education, sports or recreation, facilities for all these activities in city’s west are going to be the best. This is my commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment